http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Charity and -- Charity....


Wednesday night I went to a baseball game - for charity....

It was a baseball game that benefitted charity....

And it was a baseball game that, by my attending, was charity....

It was a Brewers game up in Milwaukee... Great stadium.... Not my team....


Leave it to Milwaukee to send off a bunch of flaming rockets in a domed stadium.... I'm not sure that thats 100% safe - especially when they opened the dome AFTER they sent the FIREworks up (note on word FIRE)
This is the weird mascot the Brewers have. I don't even know what it is -- a blonde guy who probably makes beer? Anyways - apparently, at some point in the game, which is actually the beginning, he get really excited and goes down this slide. I don't know that anyone even noticed. The rest of the night, he just made me nervous by pacing up and down his little clubhouse balcony.... Chicago doesn't have a silly mascot running around - we're too much on the edge of our seats to do anything but watch the actual GAME.

I love that they encourage you to rat on each other...

They've got to make it as comfortable as possible for those Brewers fans... its apparently what gets them out as I really didn't hear that much cheering from the fans...


I did hear cheering from my friend, Kim, as she looked right down on top of the Astros dugout and screamed, continually and loudly, "GO CHICAGO! CUBS!" Welcome those southerners to the midwest :)

And here is, apparently, another highlight of the game -- the weiner race... There's a Bratwurst, a Polish sausage, a hot dog a Chirizo and an Italian sausage.... They all run from one point to another ... I don't know why... I don't know who cares....

But, I got to hang out with a bunch of my fellow-Cubs-fans friends so -- it was a great night for charity!


2 comments:

Karl said...

Finally - pictures! Words are too confusing and make my brain hurt.

Looks like Milwaukee has a really lame team. After all that, did they actually win the game? And I must know who won the wiener race. The suspense is killing me!

Alison B said...

Well - the churizo came in first --- and we left before the actual game was finished. But - Milwaukee was definitely losing!