http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lost And Found - Just In Time


I have about 30 umbrellas. I have around 3 raincoats. I currently have 4 cameras.

These are not just statistics of my possessions - these are indicators of my memory and my laissez-faire attitude (I sadly own up to this flaw...:)). I am always misplacing things and then, in consequence, am just going out and buying new replacements. Everytime I travel, I lose an umbrella, shrug and then buy a new one. My cameras, I live with them, but yet, I can frequently misplace them and because I need them often for work, I once again shrug and go and buy a new one. I will admit, though, that I always keep on looking for the old ones and, when they are finally found, I end up giving one to someone who needs it. Silly me because I end up needing another camera again so the cycle repeats.

So, my story is that, ever since last year's trip to Budapest, I couldn't find my little mini Olympus camera so I always ended up toting around my big old Kodak camera with the big lens and all. A good camera, just bulky. I had bought a new little Fuji camera, but I just never liked the way the pictures looked.

As Jodi and I are going to take a little side trip on a hiking trail, I really wanted my small camera. I'm working through my packing process and so one of the things I had kept my eye out for was my wonderful little Olympus. Last night, I was just praying that I really really wanted to find that camera and - wouldn't you know, almost a year later, I looked through one of my desktop organizers and BINGO! Found it!

The funny thing is, I really could have sworn that I had gotten all my pictures downloaded from last year, but the Olympus had a card on it with pictures I had never gotten.

So - I thought I'd share a few picts that were lost but, now are found!

I was trying to do a "Day In the Life of Jodi" - this was her old apartment's kitchen...


Shopping at the market - I love it there because they get fresh stuff almost daily as they have these markets all over the place...

One of the last days I was in Budapest, Jodi and I went out to see the town... unfortunately, it was hard to see with all the fog. But, I did get some interesting picts!

This was actually on our trip to Krakow, Poland.

Jodi and I outside of Schindler's Factory Museum
This was Thanksgiving... piecing a turkey together through two HUGE legs and two MASSIVE turkey breasts.
And last - this was at the orphange in Romania. I won't have a chance to go this year, and I'll definitely miss seeing all those adorabel kids!

4 comments:

Karl said...

Jodi's pretty. . .
Hey next time you misplace an umbrella or a camera, do it here! (laughing)

Alison said...

Hey - what about me... I was trying so hard to look attractive with those two massive, raw turkey legs... I even held back on that picture with the ginormous bloody turkey breast... I'm just gonna stop trying so hard...:)

Karl said...

I just assumed any picture of you was so way beyond stunningly beautiful that to even say it would be completely redundant. (laughing)

Anonymous said...

That's better...