http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SN-OOOOOHH!

This morning we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow - that was still coming down. Its always crazy when you go to bed and you see grass and then you wake up in the morning and theres a big old white blanket.

I had to drive out to Michigan City, IN for an afternoon appt and I knew I wouldn't be back until late so I headed out early in the a.m. to take precious poochie over for a romp at the dog park. I love going over there early when its snowing. You walk out on that path and its just quiet. For some reason, when it snows, its just thick with quiet and literally all you can hear is the snow falling. Isn't that crazy - you can actually hear snow falling! There aren't any tracks and the sky is thick with snow so its not bright. When you walk all you hear is this crunchy sound and then there's Calvin running around with his nose in the powder making these snorty sounds because he's trying to find all the little field mice that have tucked themselves down in the grass. Incidentally, yes, he has found several of them - and its not a pretty picture.

I did a quick run and then got changed and headed out before 11. Right away when I got on the tollway, bam, I was going 20 miles an hour. We have the lovely 4 lanes on 94 now, but it doesn't much help when there are 4 snowplows in this side by side configuration and they're all with their shovels down and going 20. We drove like that for about 15 minutes until they decided to let us all pass. The roads weren't actually that bad, if it weren't for all the goofs who have moved from somewhere down south where they've never seen snow and so they don't have a clue how to drive and make it miserable for the rest of us.

Surprisingly - I made it in time for my 2 pm appointment. I didn't get back on the road until about 5 and, once again, it actually wasn't bad, even though the snow was still coming down. Coming through the city, you couldn't see a thing! The sky was all dark but I saw this thing up in the sky that looked like a cloud, which I thought was strange because it was so dark. I finally realized that it was the top of some building, but who knows which one. I couldn't see anything else besides that one tower. Crazy.

I'm back downtown again with my favorite - Northwestern. I'm probably going to head over by Seiko for lunch and maybe grab a later Bikram class (yay! its RIGHT across the street from Seiko's apartment so I'm hoping I have a place to park! :))

No comments: