http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I had to work downtown last Friday. I was at Northwester, had a few things happen and we had to call another service rep to come.

I had found out while on the way down that, because of the Blackhawks Standley Cup win, they were doing a HUGE parade and celebration. So - while I was waiting for the rep to come, I meandered down Michigan to the river and snapped a few shots. I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I'm a Chicago fan so - anytime anyone in Chicago wins -- I'm there! :)

You've never seen such a sea of red! They closed quite a few streets and from where I was standing, I could look across the river and see solid red packed all up and down upper Wacker. There were boats all over on the river with red clad crazies. They were all waiting for the 4 double decker buses with all the Blackhawks and their families and the trophy. It was crazy - there were about 2 million people there.




No comments: