http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, November 8, 2010

Is This Sad?

Two quick realizations...

I went onto the United website earlier today just to check on something and, greeting me, was the status message which has now flipped from Executive Premier to 1K. In essence, I have completed 100,000 miles or equivalent segement travel this year. I actually am a few miles short of 100,000 which makes the next statement even more sad -- I have acutally flown more flights than I have miles this year.... I've spent more time getting on and off and back on a plane than I've actually spent consistently on one. Because of this sad fact, United has chosen to bestow on me the "Congratulations, You Have No Life" status. Thank you. Thank you. Oh - and please don't make excuses for me -"Alison, its because you do SO much international travel". Here's the deal - I have only flown to St Thomas and Hungary this year. Last year I flew to Israel, to Japan, to Hungary and to Romania -- and I still never reached the 1K status. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite proud of my accomplishment and of the fact that I've been exposed to more germs and bacteria than I could manage to procure while standing on earth and that my face will probably fall to my knees sometime in the next few years and that I have more travel advice than Rick Steves and that I know the best restaurants and coffeeshops in every airport from here to Fargo, ND.... Sigh....

Secondly - I just went to check in for my flight tomorrow and I was - its happening - directed to the Continental website. They're taking over... or I guess, technically merging.... I have no clue whats going on - I'm not even really sure where to go tomorrow - I guess I'll find out. They're supposed to be doing all these changes and I'm very frightened because I don't cope well with changes.... I couldn't even get extra leg room on the Continental flight - yuck - I hate being with the regular people.... Sigh.....

Oh - you can send me hand sanitizer and surgical masks in lieu of congratulatory gifts.... :)

No comments: