http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another Trip back to MN!



Ok - must admit -- the one thing about my travelling for work is that sometimes I completely hate being stuck in one place for too long.. and by too long, thats usually about 3-4 days.

After having to take the rest of my vacation days at Christmas so I could use them up, I was getting kind of stir crazy. On top of that, some issues at one of my new accouts (well - re-new as we just won their business back) was calling me back to the land of 10,000 lakes!

TIME FOR A ROAD TRIP!

Two days before new years eve, I signed up my friend Kim to take a trip with me into the great white north and off we went. We took our time driving up - lots of Starbucks stops and plenty of great conversation!

We stayed at the Renaissance hotel in downtown - its called The Depot. Its actually in the old Milwaukee Road train station depot. The rooms were great and we got in in time to watch a movie.

The morning took me over to my account - its calls like this that I think how much I LOVE my job! It was such an amazing call and totally paid for all the expense of going!

We meandered around St. Paul (Minneapolis is more of the industrial city whereas St Paul is the artsy, trendy side of the Cities - love it there!). I was kind of wanting to do something outside before we left as the Cities are supposed to be the winter outdoor sports capital of the U.S. It was pretty dog gone cold, though, and neither one of us came totally prepared.

Even the cold doesn't stop a good Minnesotan! They were out ice skating and running around and -- BIKING! There was snow coming down and accumulated and slushing all over the streets and those bikers were speeding around on their bikes. I respect them, but I was quite happy slushing around in my Wellies!

We went back that night - got back about midnight so we were home for New Years Eve.

Thanks for going with me, Kim! Had a blast!

Pictures are of The Depot where we stayed and a theatre in St Paul... No longer just Lutherans! :)

No comments: