http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The First Great Northern Snow!















The week before Christmas, my friend Suzanne and I drove to beautiful Iowa to help some other friends, who had just moved, with some painting that they needed done.
That was the weekend and then Monday, I rented a car from Iowa and drove (4 hours through some newly falling snow in a HUGE Lincoln Town Car -- it was the only car that was available - ugh!) up to Minneapolis for work.
Once I had finished on Tuesday with my work in the Cities, I drove up to Duluth to do some more work. Because my BFF ( :)) from college lives in Grand Rapids, MN, about 2 hours west of Duluth, she was able to find someone to watch the kids and drove over to have a sleep over! SO MUCH FUN! We stayed at this lodge place that I had gotten an awesome rate at and we went out to eat at this snooty place that didn't feed us enough and what they did feed us was extremely strange... We went back to the lodge and got to hang out at the pool and the whirlpool and we acted like complete goofs... like we always are when we're together. Its not unusual for Mel's kids and husband to look at us like we have two heads - a piece... It was just plain fun.

We were a little "worried" that we would get snowed in the next day as the snow had started coming down quite quickly and the winds were blowing. But, when we woke up, the snow was still swirling and the winds were blowing but nothing too great. The waves in Superior were horrible - must have at least been 10-12 foot waves but the ships were still coming in and out. As my brother says - "Edmund Fitzgerald wanna-be's".
Love ya Mel and miss you!

No comments: