http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Time WIth the BFF

My schedule last week was C-R-A-Z-Y!

Monday - mom and Calvin drop me off at the airport.... Doesn't Cal look all relaxed and chilled out?!

My flight took me to Conneticut. I spent the night on Monday and then was up and working in Bridgeport and some other little Conneticute seaside town. I love the architecture out there and how its all so old... this was the gable of a school across the street from the hospital I was at. I don't think I've seen a roof like this in the midwest - sad....

After three hospital in Connecticut, I had to run back to the airport to fly back to Chicago so I could grab a flight over to Grand Rapids, MI (too short of a stay for any pictures there...). I worked two facilities and then had to go back to the airport to catch another flight back to Chicago in order to catch a flight for Minneapolis. I then grabbed a car and drove up to see my eternal BFF in Grand Rapids, MN.

We did have Thursday so I took Mel and Emily over to Duluth to this awesome little Norwegian restaurant there.

It was completely foggy as we drove and then we came up over a hill and it was still dark, but you could see Superior in the horizon below... Love seeing those Lakes!

Takk for Maten is this amazing restaurant that has this lefsa to die for and the Swedish pancakes and norwegian waffles are just the best ever! Coffee -- some of the best and these big old mugs!
We had an hour before we had to get back to G.R. to pick up Jack at school. Just enough time to hit a local strip of shops at this place called Fitger's, this German beer garden kind of place.

I can't believe how big Emily has gotten! I remember when they first got her and she was this little baby with no hair and used to climb out of her crib. She climbed out so much that this one time I was there -- maybe I shouldn't tell this (sorry Mel :)), we took a baby gate and strapped it to the top of the crib so that she couldn't get out. It was like a little baby hamster cage, minus the spinny wheel and the water bottle. She was a pretty funny little baby - and now she's almost taller than me :(

That Thursday gave me a nice little break and gave me some time to get some computer work done as its been really hard with as much as I've been gone. My laptop hasn't been holding a good charge so I get a little done on the plane and then we either have to land or I lose the charge.
May I take a minute to add that it will be SO nice to not have to check my e-mail everyday for the next few weeks! Although, I have to add, I know I will check it more than I should. Oh well, at least they all won't expect an immediate response!

No comments: