http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Bed Of Pain AND Toilets In Excess


I'm back in Cleveland, OH -- well, actually Akron, OH this week. I don't know which is better....

And here is my week -- no sleep, exhausting and eternal. This bed gave me no respite. It is seriously the HARDEST, MOST HORRIBLE bed I've ever slept in -- in fact, I have to say that I've slept on cement floors that are softer. It was like sleeping on a plank.

Here's the think - this was not the week for a miserable nights sleep. We did this major implementation at a hospital system with 5 hospitals and so everyday, we had to be at the hospital by 7 a.m. and then we weren't out until about 5:30 pm. And then I was on my laptop until forever arranging more and more travel and then I had to climb into this torture rack. AHHH. So here's how horrible it was - I ended up taking the sofa sleeper mattress and putting it on top so it was a little more - well, a little more something.

HOORAY! Tonight is Thursday! Tomorrow is Friday and at 7:05 pm eastern time -- I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!

I also have to add another, kind of sick, picture. Its a picture that I've found really represents what I've seen in Akron, OH.

We were working down in a store room where they keep their IVs and commodes and such and we're unpacking some boxes and I look over and see the largest commode that I've ever seen and it made me really sad.
I saw so many majorly overweight people while working in the hospitals around Akron. I'm talking like 400 lbs or more. I've never seen so many overweight people in one area.
Akron is this pretty middle America city. Its a little sad in some aspects as you could tell that it used to have some high life but its somewhat run down now and they're trying to build it back up.
The major business here is Goodyear and a few years ago they were actually going to pull out and move and Akron wined and dined them and "gave them the key to the city" and they decided to stay. I think this place would be a ghost town if Goodyear had pulled out completely.
Well - I'm off to my miserable bed to grab a few hours sleep before I'm back up at 5:30 a.m..... Yea for the weekend!
I'll catch up on next week later this week after I download some pictures.
NIGHT!

1 comment:

Karl said...

Nice to see you posting again. Sounds like Akron is providing plenty of stimulus to the economy - what with all the overweight people. Kind of sad when you think about it.