http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Friday, February 22, 2013

Snowstorm?

So the big hubbub last night was the huge impending snowstorm.... Whoooo - people were talking about stocking up and not going out and getting back in on time so they weren't caught in the snowstorm.   I was out with some friends last night and there were some of us doubters who were like "how much snow are we supposed to get?" -- "oh - 3 - 4 inches!"  WHHHHAAAAATTT!  3 - 4 inches - thats like snowstorm in Georgia.  We're Chicago dog-gone it!  Windy City - midwest - we're used to much more than 3 -4 inches.  We're becoming weak and snow-fearing.  Who are we!?  Granted - I've come to hate snow on a regular day to day basis.  Give me a pair of skis and I'm ok with it all as it has a purpose.  But, on the normal day, its just slushy and dirty and yucky and cumbersome.....

I had to remind people about true blizzards.... I call to mind the "BLIZZARD of 2011" where we were literally stuck on streets and in houses for a day or two.....

Now lets flash forward to this morning after the big "blizzard" ---


WOW!  If I can only get my car out of the garage I should be good......

Enjoy your dusting of white powder which will soon melt and become liquid puddles of mud and salt that coat your car and ruin your shoes and give cause to washing the dog.

Ah - snowstorms.....

No comments: