http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Lovely Weekend In Omaha

Work had to be done so I scheduled it - duh- on Mother's Day weekend.  Blah!  After a long week in San Diego for the conference there I hopped the plane home for one day and then jumped back on that big bird to head to the great western state of Nebraska!

The one plus for this weekend is that I got to fly into Kansas City and pick up my neice Brittany and then head over to Omaha about 2 and a half hours away!  I had grand intentions of things going smoothly and quickly with the pump install at this large hospital here.  We'd zip right through nine washers and about 20 pump lines and then Brittany and I would be out, get some rest and hit the town for the afternoon.....
This is what ended up.... Eternally long hours in Central Sterile where Brittany got  to experience a tad of a part of what I do.  First night, hit department on Friday night after dinner in Old Town, get there about 9pm and start install, battling problems and frustrations, we leave department at 7am and fall into our beds at the hotel until 1pm when we rise, wash our faces, treat ourselves to Crepes at the Crepe Corner and then meet our installer at the second site at 3pm.  This time, we decide we must leave earlier as I was supposed to fly out on Sunday and had to get Brittany back to KC.  We left the department at 3am:(.   This is us - at some point during the night....

I decided because Brittany had been such a trooper to keep me company and come along and lend a helping hand, we'd go for a treat before we headed back.  We went for brunch at Dixie Quicks in Council Bluffs, IA.  Yum!!!! We deserved all of the amazing food we got!

I got the Dixie Quicks scramble with bacon and tomatoes on an English muffin with tomato butter and Britt got an apple and Brie omelet - yep cheese and apples in eggs.  She loved it!  We also got this French toast thing with chocolate and bananas and we shared that.  We were well rewarded for our hard work!:)


And then we jumped in my freshly chucked vomit orange rental Camaro to head back to KC.  Here's the sad thing - I dropped off my awesome neice/friend and then headed back to Omaha as I had changed my flight to leave Monday night as - we still aren't finished!  I didn't feel right about leaving the installer by himself so Ill meet with everyone on Monday and then head back to KC again to fly back home for Tuesday meetings!....
This blog post is dedicated to my friend Brittany:)). We're bonded by blood but were friends, well, because no one but us understands how awesome we are!  It's in the blood...:). Brittany - may the gentle winds, pure streams and fresh foods of India be forever in your dreams and leave much for America to live up to.... God save the cows....

No comments: