http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last Travel Day Of 2010


God willing, I am in my last travel day of the year 2010. I will soon say goodbye to all my gate check tags and start anew in 2011. I'm sitting here in the Red Carpet Club at LaGuardia airport, looking out across the span of the Hudson River that runs between the thin strip of land they refer to as the LaGuardia airfield and another strip of land which is the tail of the Bronx. I'm looking straight at a sign made of cut-out letters that is laying on a little rise of land at the very edge of the airfield proclaiming "Welcome To New York" with a big cut out heart between "Welcome To" and "New York" and I'm never more happy to be leaving a place. My profuse apologies if you are New York born and bred, but I HATE New York with a passion. It is literally the dirtiest, most crowded, meanest place I've been in all these great states (ok, Boston runs a close second -- I KNOW there are Boston people out there reading this and again, I apologize even more, but I have bitter memories of that great city).
I am, once again, treated to some extra "me" time in the LaGuardia airport. Last time I went through here I was delayed for about 7 hours, today, I'm going to run a close second. I changed my flight to the 3:15 which is now scheduled to leave at 6:30. I'm killing time doing some work and - spending some time with you all on the blog :)
Family has already started coming in on the home front and there is more trickling in on Thursday. We should pretty much all be together for the holidays at home. Its just enough time to enjoy each others' company, but not too much time to get sick of each other. Its a beautiful thing.
Enjoy the excitement building up to the holidays - don't rush it and know that it will be over soon enough. I wish we could have longer to linger on this holiday as its one of my favorites!

No comments: