http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Saturday, December 4, 2010

XM28

I had to blog quick to reveal the most amazing thing!

Today, I travelled up to Rochester, MN, stopping in LaCrosse, WI on the way to have a meeting at Franciscan Skemp (I LOVE the name of that hospital!) and then to pick up my friend Melissa.

I picked up a rental car for the trip this morning and found that the vehicle had XM radio. I have Sirrius in my car which I love and I know all the stations I listen to. XM has pretty much the same stuff but in different places and everytime I rent an XM car, I have to flip around to find stuff.

My favorite station is BBC1! It so hilarious that I laugh my knickers off (ok, maybe I listen to those British a little much...). Today, I'm flipping around to find my beloved BBC1 and I find the most amazing thing! Its called Radio Hannukah. Its seriously a whole radio station dedicated to 24/7 Hannukah songs. I can't believe that Adam Sandler lied to us and said that there were no Hannukah songs!

I'm really ashamed to say that I found my BBC1 the station right after, XM29, but I sporadically flipped back and forth to hear Hannukah songs because it was too good to ignore entertainment right at my fingertips.

I found that they had songs with every beat out there. I heard Country Hannukah, Oldies Hannukah, Rapping Hannukah, I even found - this is great - Hispanic Hannukah (my favorite was the song Ocho Kandilitos). There were serious songs about the rededication of the temple and the blessing of the candles, there were funny songs about Santa and Hannukah Harry getting into a fight, there were even recipe songs about Latkah and matza.

I don't know, maybe its sad, but I almost had as much fun listening to Radio Hannukah as I do BBC1. If you have satellite radio, you HAVE to check it out! Its so festive and really gives Twelve Days of Christmas a run for its money!

1 comment:

Karl said...

turning Jewish on us Alison? (laughing)