http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, January 24, 2011

Catch Up In Seattle

I have a few moments in a Starbucks with - WIFI! and so I thought I'd take a few brief minutes to update some picts from this past week and this week.

This morning, I got up at the crack of dawn and flew from Portland up to Seattle. I had to swing by my hotel that I was supposed to stay at (in Seattle) in order to pick up something that was delivered there. On my way out, I figured that I would stop by Top Pot and pick up donuts for the account I was going to.

Top Pot is this donut place that I was told about that was on the Food Network and all the donuts actually were pretty good... http://www.toppotdoughnuts.com/

The pink donut in the box with the coconut shavings on top is called the "Feather Boa" -- I though that was kind of cute.

Going back to Friday :) I picked Karl up from his hotel and we went out to dinner at this really great place in the city. I had parked my car at the Hotel Monaco where he works and I had to laugh in the elevator as I noticed their ad poster...

And here below - you have a very very unique story....This is something I've been laughing -- well, at first I was a little too frightened to laugh -- about all last week. Portland has this, I guess its soccer, team called The Timbers and their logo thing is an axe or something.... They have these huge billboards ALL over the city with all these people holding axes. They even have this one with this little kid holding and axe! And then there's one with two women, one has an axe and one has a CHAINSAW! The city may say "welcome" but I think they need to work on their ad campaign because that says something a little different....





One last one to enjoy -- the first night I was in we spent an hour or so at Powell's books in Portland. Its this giant new and used book store like the Strand in NYC. Its a little neater and cleaner than the Strand - and a lot harder to find used books. I spent too much money because all I could find was new books :( This is Karl doing his "Mary Tyler Moore" in Portland outside of Powells...
Oh - in case you'd like to see... this is a picture of Karl's place... It the very last door. at the front end.
We'll see if I have WiFi and am able to update tomorrow!

No comments: