http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Friday In The City

Friday I took the afternoon off to take my oldest niece downtown to do Bikram in the city. The studio is actually right across the street from Moody Bible where my friend Seiko is now attending. So, after class, Brittany and I went over and picked up Seiko and took her to dinner at one of my favorites, Bistro 110. It was a great dinner and then I was craving a dessert bar so I hopped on the Yelp app on my Iphone and pulled up places.

The one that sounded the most interesting was the Choclate Bar at the Pen. Its the dessert bar at the Peninsula Hotel that is to DIE for. It had a billion different choclate desserts and then there was a whole fondue table with choclate, a choclate crepe bar where a chef was making choclate crepes to order. There was a fabulous hot choclate bar and you could even get these choclate martinis. It was all fabulous! And the ambience was amazing as well, even equipped with a jazz band. It was a little expensive but quite the experience. We had a great time!
Oh - I had to attach this pic.... It was from Karl's hotel in Portland. This is Timmy, the hotel dog. I think he looks a little depressed, but he supposedly happy.... He just kind of wanders around the hotel and "welcomes" guests. Crazy....

No comments: