http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Friday, January 21, 2011

No Wireless - No Pictures :(

Not that I think all 3 of my loyal readers are illiterate and need their attention to be kept with the odd, quircky or mundane picture, but - I just want all 3 of them to know that my brother does not have wireless so I'm not able to add pictures to my new posting at this point.... Whenever I do get wireless at --- AAAHHHHH --- Starbucks, I actually have work to do..... sad face.....

My quick update is actually merely a test to see if the 1 reader that I am currently with is actually reading.... there will be a pop, random quiz at some point this weekend .... I think he'll fail it as he has failed many this week.

Its raining today. Apparently, its a typical Portland-in-winter rain as I'm told. Its actually been alternating sun and clouds, no rain, for the past few days I've been here. And today, of all days, I don't have to be anywhere until 1 this afternoon so I was planning on taking a little run. Rain - run - I did it anyways. I ran this trail that Karl had told me about and it felt good to get back on a trail again. I never take the time anymore as I go to the gymn, run, do some weights, get home. Its quick and easy and accomplishes what I need it to. Trail running is a little more time consuming as I don't get my whole desired work out in one stop - but I do miss it. Today, with the rain, there was mud and puddles and gook all over the trail - and it felt great! I came back with mud spattered up my back and my shoes and socks soaked. I started with a hood and ended up throwing it off so my hair was plastered to my head. YEA! It had just enough hills to make it a little bit of a challenge at some point and enough trees to make it feel like I was outdoors.

We're in a quandry as to what to do tomorrow. I really want to go cross country skiing but I know Karl doesn't but he's so amazing that he, sniff, is willing to sacrifice and go anyways. I don't think I'll make him. There's got to be plenty of others things to do out here that I won't end up carrying him home.... He gets kind of heavy. All I know is - we're in mountain area and the ocean is there and this is the place where everyone rides their bike to work and doesn't shave their armpits.... I've got to do something outdoorsy or I'll die. I actually have TWO WHOLE DAYS to have fun and its supposed to be sunny! Karl - if you're reading this - be warned - you will have an adventure and there will be no whining...... (maybe some wine, but no whine!)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Go hiking along the Columbia River Gorge. Check out Stevenson, Washington and inhale the deep pine smell. I miss that so much. (But please shave). :)

Kim said...

Ok, your presence in my heart's home (Pac NW) is making me long for some pine trees. I know it may not work out, but what does your first Saturday in February look like. Thinking of hiking, possibly Kettle Moraine. Some place long enough to be out for a good day, but close enough to get to from here. It's an idea. If you can't make it, I'll probably still go somewhere. :) email me.