http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

From Fun In Philly To Sun In San Fran

Monday and Tuesday I was working in Phildelphia - but the fun part is that the rep there is a friend of mine so I get to stay with her and we hang out and go to dinner with her parents who are awesome and we always have a blast.  

The most recent addition to Lauren's parents' house is a dog they adopted from a rescue place.  Roxie is a mix of Rottweiler and German Shepherd and she's the most absolutely sweet adorable dog!  She's also totally in love with Lauren's dad and so when he got home she was all over him and then he came over to give me a hug and Roxie totally jumped on me like "get off my man!"  It was actually a little funny.


And then at Lauren's place, there's good old Maddy who is the fat black cat that just lies around and wants his tummy rubbed and then he sits and just stares out the window.
On Tuesday, we stopped for lunch at this amazing Jewish deli and I just had to take a pict of the name because its hilariously ethnic....  Ok, and their Rachel was AMAZING!  My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it.
Because our travels together are the perfect combination of work and pleasure - we always gorge on the best food Philly has to offer.  That being said, we had to find a cupcake shop to try.  I actually found this place called Cupcake Gourmet that is quite the creative place.  They do these ganache cupcakes that have the cupcake and then buttercream frosting on the top and then they're dipped in this chocolate ganache.  It ends up with this really unique look and a pretty great flavor - although I do have to admit I thought their chocolate was a little too bitter for my taste.  They had some good flavors though as I got a variety of minis and just took some bites out of each so I could savor their flavor combinations.
Its a little fuzzy because we were driving, but here's a picture of one of those chocolate ganache cupcakes with the buttercream hidden underneath.
So we tried to rush back to the airport on Tuesday night but we got jammed up in traffic and I was a little nervous that I wasn't going to make my 6:55 p.m. flight - especially when, due to construction, I had to wait for and then take a shuttle from one terminal to another to get to the US Air flight I had.

I did make it with 4 minutes to spare :)  I had flown out of Chicago but I flew back into Milwaukee so when I got in at 8:15ish, Pat came and picked me up and I got home before 10 - yay!  Yay, because I had to swap some stuff in my suitcase and then jump into bed so I could get up at 4 a.m. and be on my way back to the airport for a 6 a.m. flight to San Francisco.  Yes, 6 a.m. - and then after a 4 hour 30 minute flight - I landed in San Fran at 8:15 a.m.  I love the time difference except when I come back, it takes a whole day basically to travel.

But, I got into San Fran early enough and then went over to the hotel but had to wait to check in so I went down to my favorite cafe and got my favorite - the Nutella Latte --- I LOVE that thing!  Its so so good and I drink way too many when I'm here.
I did finally get an early check in about 11 and I'll be dog gone if they didn't put me in the same room that I've been in the last two times.  Isn't that hilarious!
The afternoon was spent out at one of my big accounts "righting" some "wrong"... not too bad.  Back again tomorrow to help finish some installation with some product.  We don't go until the afternoon so I have time to run in the morning and the evening probably.  I ran this evening as well - trying to catch up with that as I've just had no time lately with the stupid light/dark early thing.  I hate winter because you never have time to do outside stuff.   The weather was so great here today though - just praying it doesn't rain tomorrow like they said it was going to.  Although, if you drive about 20 minutes outside of Millbrae here, its completely different weather - it could be raining here and then you get to Palo Alto and its sunny and hot.  Crazy.  We'll see what the weather brings tomorrow.

No comments: