http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Look Who I Get To Meet

This somewhat annoys me, but I admit I am a little intrigued....


One of the conferences that I go to every year to keep my CEU education up for my certification is IAHCSMM (International Association of Hospital Central Sterile and Materials Management .... everything in the hospital world is abbreviated and eternally long.... AAMI, AORN, CBSPD.....)


So the conference every year has been hit or miss as far as being educational and applicable.  Last year they had this comedian woman who had had breast cancer -- was not applicable but was apparently supposed to be funny (I don't think it totally acheived it).  However, the year before was this woman who started an infection control organization in the state of NY and she had been working in the hospital field for many years so her lecture was extremely interesting and informative!  Loved it!


This coming year the guest speaker appears to be Amy Roloff from that tv show on TLC.  I think she seems to be a very interesting person and I think she's passionate for her causes and all, but I don't really see how its going to applicable to what I do or what anyone else who works in the hospital would want or need to know.  I suppose I am somewhat looking forward to meeting her though as she seems like a really nice and interesting person.

 Tram

Dear Alison,

We have received your Albuquerque registration and look forward to greeting you in May 2012. In the meantime, we wanted you to be kept abreast of current meeting information as it is developed, and hope you find this information useful.

The 2012 IAHCSMM Annual Conference & Expo promises the biggest array of educational offerings and knowledge-building opportunities to date -- not the least of which will include a powerful message from this year's inspiring keynote speaker, Amy Roloff.

You may already be familiar with Roloff from the hit TLC reality show "Little People Big World," but her contributions certainly don't end there. Aside from being a recognizable TV figure who has also appeared on Oprah, Good Morning America, The View, Jay Leno, and other programs, Roloff is also a successful business woman, respected motivational speaker, philanthropist, farm owner, author, former educator, and mother.  
What's more, her background in personnel and hospitality -- coupled with her experience in juggling multiple roles and projects, while also overcoming seemingly insurmountable challenges -- is what gives her such a big presence and is sure to make her keynote message so poignant.  

No doubt about it, keynote speaker Amy Roloff is proof positive that great things really do come in small packages.   



Tram


  





Its been a little slower day so far so I was able to go out for a nice long run this morning.  I have grown to love the Millbrea area.  In fact, I've grown to love this hotel that I stay at - it really does feel like a really nice home :)  Every time you walk in in the morning you're greet with that phenominal fresh, clean smell of wonderful Fabuloso!  There are great little neighborhoods to run in all around and theres all those wonderful hills - extreme, light, down -- hills are great and I always wish we had them at home.  I love the Thai and the Korean restaurants all around the neighborhoods.  I love my favorite little cafe with the Nutella Lattes.  For the most part, I do love the people around the neighborhood here as most of them are pretty outgoing and friendly.  The only thing I don't think I like is that its pretty expensive here.  I mean this is the suburbs and even the hotels are more money than I'd pay most other places.  I guess you can't always have your cake and eat it too.

And heres one quandry that I've developed in the past few days.  Last year, I was surprised when they awarded me 1K (100,000 miles) status from 2010 - it was based on the segements I flew and not the miles.  I was a little hesitant when I made it because I was scared I was going to get used to something that I was going to want again next year.  I went on-line to book a flight and - boom- they told me that I'm about 30,000 elite qualifying miles away from 1K status next year.  Meaning, I've flown more miles than I even did last year.  Which means that, now I'm torn because I really do like the 1K status as its made my life a little easier and they're nicer to me and they're always upgrading me and - now I'm spoiled.  So, I have some more work to do before the end of the year, but I'm not sure that it will be 30,000 miles worth.  So, with that being said, I'm considering taking a big long flight somewhere just to get the miles.  It won't be a vacation or anything - it will just be a flight.  I'm just not sure how far I'd need to go or where I'd need to go to get those miles.

Stay tuned and throw some thoughts out if you have any! :)

No comments: