http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Last Day On The Island - Italy

We had all decided that all we would do the last day of our stay on Sardinia was to just totally chill!  I find this easier for me to do on the beach as I'm entranced with the water.  If I'm somewhere on land, I have to go because I get bored (as you'll see from my last day post in Umbria).  On the beach, I can lay there and just listen and smell and I feel relaxed and like I don't have to do anything.  On top of that, theres the sun - oh the sun!

I wanted to throw in a few picts of the house we rented as well.  I think it was really nice and comfortable and I would def think of renting it again.  It was cool because it had two sides that were mirror but we happened to be the only ones there that week - nice.  But, it would be an ideal place if a larger family wanted to rent both sides and just party all week long.

So - here's one of the bedrooms - the other one is almost identical (only at the time of photography -there were still two sleeping beauties occupying the other so I never got that shot...)
 This was the third bedroom - it only had a single bed in it, but it was perfect for Karen.
 This was the dining and living area - pretty big...

 Looking out the patio doors....

 The small but doable kitchen...
This is actually the "neighbors" covered picnic area, but we used it that week as it just flowed better - technically, our picnic area was around the corner...


 Part of "our" beach...
 Looking back at the house from the beach.

 Later in the day, we needed to run into town to buy a few more souvenirs from the island and to make one last stop at our favorite little cafe that we found the first rainy night we were there.  Their cappucinos were amazing and we always got these little nutella tarts.  That last afternoon they were offering a special pastry from Sardinia so we had to try it.... its these little tart shells filled with a sweet cheese mixture and, I believe, saffron which is local to the area.  They were pretty good but I don't know if I would really chose those over the nutella tarts :)
 Bye bye cafe.....
 Our last night, Antonella and her mama came back and cooked for us again - once again - we got our island fish fill in and, believe it or not, we had about 6 dishes with different fishes and seafood in them than the last time!  I didn't know they had so many different kinds of seafood!
 Half of the names of these fish I have no idea what they are!  Antonella would tell us, but she didn't really speak English so it was some muddled word that we had no clue what she was saying and we just nodded...


 Jerzu is a region not far from Tortoli and its supposed to be the best wine region on the island so we grabbed a bottle for our last night - it was pretty good.



 This is a bunch of seafood with a pasta called fregola which is Sardinian speciality local to the area that we flew into (Cagliari).  Its a lot like couscous but its a semolina pasta and is not as evenly shaped as couscous.  It was delicious -- I ate a ton of this stuff!

 These are little fish balls that were pretty salty and not our favorites...


 Our last Sardinian pict at our villa......

No comments: