http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, November 5, 2012

Its Official - ly Depressing.....

I was headed into the office today and stopped at my Caribou (coffee that is, not a large animal with antlers and fur).  On the way out, I passed by the Uno parking lot and saw the most horrifying thing ever!.....

Two big tractor plows just sitting there waiting for the first snows.....

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Its official - the city of Gurnee and the shopping center have recognized that at any given moment we may get the worst winter storm of our lives.  At least, thats how a good midwesterner always thinks once you head into November.

Its a very sad day for me.  But, I'm trying to stay positive.  I'm headed to San Francisco (and Napa - YAY!) tomorrow after I do my civic duty of voting..... (REMEMBER TO VOTE! :).  I'll be there Tuesday through Friday.  I checked the weather and its a combo of rain and sun but it will be 50s and 60s.  Well, ideally - I'm staying in my usual Millbrae locale and its always warmer there than downtown San Fran (Millbrae is about a 15 minute train ride from downtown).

But - San Francisco can't last forever - I know I'll come back to the cold.  Although, its not been bad lately.  Its actually pleasant to run in the temps right now - I could go forever as its not too cold but its cold enough that I'm not sweating profusely.  Anyways - my flight gets back at midnight on Friday and then I have to head downtown (on Saturday :((  ) for an 8a.m in-service piece until noon.  Its going to get me 4 CEUs that I desperately need as my certification is coming up and they gave me an extension until mid December.  I've got some work to do!

Well - enjoy your hopefully snow free day - and let the countdown to the falling flakes of winter begin :(

1 comment:

Karl said...

feeling lucky to live in a part of the country that doesn't really get much drastic weather. Volcanoes and earthquakes on the other hand . . .