http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Ballad Of Bobby Joe Jimbob And The Nashville Airport


After getting in at 3 am on Friday from my southern snowy week, it was much appreciated that we had Monday, President's Day off! Hooray for Presidents! Big ones small ones short ones tall ones -- presidents rule! Literally!
Of course, Monday was packed trying to fit in everything that I couldn't after being gone the week - AND - I'm trying to prep for St Thomas! Yea! As soon as I get back this week, I'm leaving for Virgin Islands!
So, Tuesday was a bright start as I got locked on another plane at 7am. This one going to Nashville.

Nashville -- I love that place - NOT. I've spent way too much time there and at Opryland for sales meetings and trade shows and all kinds of other junk. Opryland Hotel -- my spine just shuddered. Any hotel that has to give you a map and a gps unit to find your room --- thats just not pleasurable. And the airport -- crazy! They have every single country western singer in existance giving some kind of airport message. "Hello, this is Daisy Rae Buttercup saying Ya'll come back now!" "Ye-haw - this is JoJo Billy Bob saying - watch your bags!" "Hey folks - this is Bobby Bob Bobberson - if you want directions to anywhere in Nashville, just ask our information desk down by the baggage claim" "Daisy Duke here - if you sneeze, make sure you cover your mouth and wash your hands!" (ok, it wasn't Daisy Duke that said it - but that is seriously one of their announcements!). Every 3 minutes, some twing twangy, double first named cowboy is giving us some kind of cliche information. Gotta love it! And cowboy boots -- all over!

So - after our breakfast meeting at Cracker Barrel :) Could that be any more stereotypical of the south???? I got dropped back off at the airport, just in time to jump on another plane that took me back to Chicago in order to get on another place to go to Minneapolis where I have to go back to finish up a project I'm working on. And here I sit, waiting for about an hour until my flight is ready. I could have jumped on an earlier flight possibly, but I just wanted a chance to sit for a few.

I actually have time right now to get in another post! Wow ! Two in one day let alone two in one week! Y'all sure are lucky! :)

No comments: