http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Sunday, February 21, 2010

On A Side Note

For those of you who were wondering if mom had a good birthday... I went out again in the evening by myself to grab some dinner, as, apparently, when you're over 70 you lose your ability to eat dinner in the evening and you end up calling your lunch your big meal. Anyways - I went out and sat by the water sipping a drink and reading my book (which - I really am on vacation as I splurged and the one book I was reading bored me so - I switched to another book mid book -- who-hoo... I've gone wild!). When I finally went to leave the restaurant a few hours later, I took out my phone and saw I had a message from Aunt June. When I picked up the message - I heard all this chitter chatter in the backgroun and then, all of a sudden, Aunt June came on with this pleading voice asking me to come back and help them fix the tv as they couldn't get it to work after I got their DVD to play. It was desperate and hilarious!

I got back and as soon as I pulled in the parking lot, I heard their voices crackling out the screen door with laughter. I had stopped to pick up a cake for mom and some ice cream that Auntie Clarece loves (Udder Delight) and when I walked in they all looked at me and quite proudly said in unison "We figured out the tv - we didn't need you!"

I felt so loved...

Then, they all sat back and continued their crowing laughter. Seriously - it was crowing and just funny listening to them.

We all had cake and, needless to say, mom was rolling with laughter. They were laughing about some little inside joke that they now had going on and were just having a blast. I think mom had a good birthday!

No comments: