http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, February 22, 2010

Going It Alone

Today was my alone day. I took off for a pool below the condos and mom and the aunts went to the pool that was up. It just ended up that way and I liked it just fine. I didn't have to listen to anyone talk or tell me that I needed to get out of the sun, etc. Its like the movie "Enchanted April" where the one woman just wanted to go and rest for a month and the other older ladies kept on nagging her about eating and putting a hat on and doing things with everyone. It gets tiring when you just want to relax and recoup.


I did have this naggy feeling all day that I should be out kayaking or hiking or scuba diving or something active - but all I could do is lay there and let the sun soak up in my skin. It felt so good.

My time was alternated between sleeping and reading this great book called "Going It Alone" - a bunch of stories written by women who travel alone and stories from the road. Maybe some day I'll treat you all to a few of my favorite "going it alone" stories :)


My treat for the day for you all is my friend, the lizard who sunned himself on the bush right about my head. He started on one bush and I got up to take a picture. Moving in closely, he all of a suddedn decided to scamper to another bush and scared the creepers out of me. He literally sat on the one bush the whole day I was there and then, when I went to leave, he decided to leave as well.



Since mom and the aunts had gone on the Havenspoint to do lunch and some shopping. I stayed at the pool later and then just went back into Redhook to eat again. This time I went to a little Tiki Bar divey place and it proved to be good food. I was then determined to drive up to a place called Ravens Seat that was way up on top of the island and offered a view of Magans Bay, one of the best beaches in the world, supposedly. I actually met Aunt Clarece and Aunt June and mom driving back up from town right at the road I had to turn on for the Seat view and so they followed me up. Well - loosely speaking - they ended up totally going some other way and ended up viewing the other side of the island. Well -- my view was splendid, as you can tell.






Sometimes its worth it to go it alone as sometimes you get the greatest view and the most relaxation for your buck!

No comments: