http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, May 17, 2010

Catch Up - Minneapolis



So, Wednesday afternoon I took off for the Twin Cities for one of my really large accounts up there. Thursday morning I went in to take care of some things... the hotel I stayed at put me over the bridge that, several years ago, had collapsed. You can't really see it, but the rebuilt one is pretty utilitarian. The second picture shows the older bridges that are kind of pretty. Bridges, bridges all over the place!


After I finished up, my two other accounts fell through for the day so I decided to actually drive up by Grand Rapids to see my good old buddy (sister separated at birth) Melissa, aka, Melnolium.

Heres another tidbit... Grand Rapids is Judy Garland's hometown -- GR's claim to fame! So - the school that she went to is this museum/shop thing and the sidewalks on either side of the place are - you guessed it -- yellow brick roads.


I got up to Grand Rapids in time for dinner so Mel got a babysitter for Jack and then Miss Emily, Mel and Mel's "hot, eye candy" husband (as he's been termed by his co-employees) headed out to a log cabin in the boonies for some just caught walleye!


Friday morning, I headed home at like 7:30 a.m. ... Trip was too short!


No comments: