http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Put Yourself In Someone Else's Shoes

I had some time between meetings and my toes were looking quite pitiful. The last polish I had is ready to just come off in a whole toenail shape. My friend Seiko is coming in from japan as soon as I get home and so I won't have time to get them repaired at home.

So, I've taken my free time to accomplish this chore as there is a salon right down from my hotel.

I'm sitting here in the Mani pedi section of the salon and there's an older woman having her nails done. She's got a French accent and is giving her manicurist the recipe for ratatouille.

Im noticing that her back is pretty rounded. Since moms bout with her fracture, I'm more aware of osteoperosis now. Seeing this womans back made me wonder about her childhood and how she grew up and what she might have not had and how her life has probably changed. I can look at her and tell that she lived in France during the war. She's at least 70 if not even 80. It's just interesting to think of what she may have seen and lived through and how she got here.

Sometimes it's interesting to imagine what roads other people have walked on...

1 comment:

Karl said...

good observation. . .