http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, May 27, 2010

What Did You Miss?

So - I know that you all think that after my Baltimore trip, the rest of the week went south....


Contrary.... it was quite busy!


What did you miss???

Well -- if anyone has been in my car in the "between months" you know that it can get FILTHY, thanks to Mr Calvin. It was caked on this time, so I designated a day to drop off my car at the detail place. Its so clean when I pick it up, that I've literally slipped off the seats because they so shiny and polished. My feet are slippery to walk on after I have them on the carpet and then plop them on the ground. So worth it!



I did this because my friend, Jodi, from Campus Crusade in Hungary came on the same day to stay the weekend and do some presentations. I had some friends over on Friday night and we met with another friend on Saturday night and then Sunday was packed with presentations in Sunday School and I had a group of people over for lunch in the afternoon. Busy -- but that car was clean.

My other commitment was a bridal shower for a friend that I've known since her freshman year in high school. She's getting married in June and they had this cute little shower for her on Saturday.

The only "game" they really played was they put out a bunch of cooking/baking stuff and told Heather she had to make a cake from scratch - no recipe. She doesn't cook at all so, everything from measurements to oven and timing was all a guess with her. She actually did quite well and surprised us all with a cake that didn't taste half bad -- actually, it didn't really taste at all, so I suppose that was a good thing for her :)

And this will be the highlight of my summer -- thank goodness I didn't plan to really go anywhere until October.... I have a litany of wedding and baby shower, wedding, graduation and open house invites litered throughout the summer. I can't believe how many I have. Its like I went through this LONG spurt of never having a wedding to a time where, almost every weekend, I have something going on. At least they're all people I love and not ones that I barely know :)

And now you're updated with last week!


No comments: