http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Friday, August 6, 2010

Going To See The Clintons - And My Friend Beth

Yesterday morning - I left Memphis and my friend, Beth, to go and see the Clintons. Ok, not really because they're not even there anymore, but I headed on over to Little Rock - Arkansas that is!

This is that account I talked about earlier where the guy had known me from Maryland and Delaware and now he was down here. Its one of the largest hospitals in Little Rock with about 450 beds and about 30+ ORs. It was great to see Alvin and it was funny because when I walked in he gave me a big old hug and it felt good to be known and remembered and thought well of (bad day-s last week :)). Hopefully we get what Alvin wants and put out product in there.

So - I've been working at Northwestern for so many days and going in and out of that parking garage down there where as soon as I leave 4 or 5 hours later, I'm paying $36. Seriously! So, I get to Little Rock to the hospital and go to the parking garage and I go to drive into the garage and start to roll my window down when I go in and - there's no ticket booth ... I'm in a parking garage and - there's no fee. Wow - I'm in shock! Even in Minneapolis I was paying about $10 for a few hours in my accounts there.

It felt good to "head back home" to Memphis and the Kaye family! Yea for Tennessee and Al Gore... or at least Tennessee!
Oh - forgot this -- little known fact for those who don't know.... I was actually born in the great city of Texarkana, TX (didn't live there - just bringing my oldest brother to college). Its a city that sits on the border of Texas and Arkansas and so - its called Texarkana. I've always wanted to go back at least once -- it would be awesome to work in Wadley Hosptial where I was born, but alas, it has not happened. So, I must be content with passing signs pointing the way to that great city on the border!
We went over and got these great cupcakes from a place called Muddy's Bake Shop... Beth is trying to act like she didn't just eat two cupcakes as she sits and benignly holds her glass of milk.... Payton and I are the ones shoving the cupcakes in our mouths and at least Parker is admitting that he ate one and is wanting more! The Neopolitan one was DELICIOUS! They had one called Prozac that was all chocolate, but didn't like it as much as the frosting was chocolate, but not sweet and more bitter.

No comments: