http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, August 19, 2010

SOS


This is me....

Yes, I have become a plane. A tired, frequently used, overwhelmed, forgetful plane that is constantly in use and never allowed to rest. I have travelled this nation from west coast to east, north to south and all in a matter of weeks. I have parked my car so frequently at the airport that I have questioned "did I take the train to the airport or did I drive? I think I drove? I can't remember where I parked. Was it on White Sox or on Blackhawks?" and so I lie awake for hours on end in my cookie cutter bed in the Marriott Courtyard attempting to remember.

I fly zombie-like through towns called Verklempt and Lebanon, following my GPS looking for the hospital where I'm hopelessly late because there was unexpected traffic on Highway X and then the exit I'm supposed to take has gone missing as there is an Exit 232D, 232C, 232B but no 232A because it automatically hops to Exit 211.

I spend useless time circling gas station pumps trying to figure which side and where the gas tank is because I have had 3 different cars this week and each of them represents not only a different car line but a different country.

I breakfast on packs of peanuts as I run out of my hotel and jump into the cockpit.

I try my best to finish filing my reports before I take off for the next location in order to start over again.

I am a plane...and I think I'm running on exhaust fumes. If I self destruct... this is my little black box.....

:)

1 comment:

Karl said...

Sounds like you need a little time off. . . Have you thought of a vacation in Oregon? (wait - weren't you just there?)