http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Friday, April 15, 2011

I Gagged On A Moldy Crumpet

Yes, indeed, I just gagged on a moldy crumpet this morning. But - here's the plus side... The only reason a crumpet would get moldy is because it was sitting around. A restaurant would not allow a crumpet to sit aroung so long that it got modly - thats something that would only happen at home. Ergo - the moldy crumpet was mine and it was indeed at home which I then took in the car with me downtown and gagged along the way.

So the good news is - is that I was HOME! Yes, I've been home ALL WEEK! In fact, its been a little tedious and dreary being in the office. Although, I've actually felt a little human as I've developed this routine with work, dog, work out, home. I could do it for another week and its seems as if I will be as my trip for next week was cancelled.

I meant to post this earlier, but I have to say what a extraordinarily beautiful weekend it was this past weekend. Warm and sunny and altogether perfect. Heres a few picts from the sunny weekend.... We had a fantastic sermon last Sunday from I Cor regarding Love (its part of a series Pr is preaching through). It was phenominal - about what love looks like. I had to post this as I had taken these picts right prior to the service with some of my Sunday School kids.... TOO ADORABLE! And then I went out to lunch with some friends and two of the kids who joined were just so adorable I had to snap a shot -- it looks like they're on a little date or something :) And then I got home and saw all the little spring flowers in bloom and took the dogs out to the dog park and strolled around, even sweating a little bit..... It was hot enough that I got Calvin's little pool out so they could cool off. And cool off they did.... And once they cool off, they get a little crazy so the afternoon was spent watching them dunk off, get out, stare each other down and then chase each other crazy through the yard and wind up back at the pool to cool off again. Crazy dogs!

And so today is Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend. It will be a little busy as I've got friends here and I have to make a trek out to Northbrook to deliver a bunch of backpacks and other goodies from a church collection we did for this orphanage in Romania that we have missionaries with. There are these Romanian people that basically have a big shipping container that they ship, via boat, to Romania every few months and they have super low prices to ship there. I think they do it primarily for people who have moved here from Romania and still have family back there. It takes a while for them to get it, but I can ship a couple hundred pounds for about $100 or so - can't beat that! Over and out - enjoy your weekend if I don't post again!

2 comments:

Karl said...

that birdfeeder is tipping over. Probably needs to be reinforced. Get Alan on that, will ya? (laughing)

Alison B said...

Better idea - take birdfeeder down... You know the reason its tipping....Our sister's batty dog bolts on the door and grabs onto that thing like its been standing in the yard taunting her. She'll literally go in circles around the pole with it gripped in her mouth while she viciously curses at it. Weirdo.. or should I say "Weirdale"...