http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Snow And Calvin's Determination




The other morning we woke up to this glorious blanket of white covering the ground -- that was tongue in cheek -- it was a horrific morning in April! I mean, seriously - it was 80 the week before, and now we've got snow again. Come on! The good news is that it was pretty much all melted by the late afternoon and we could see the green grass again.



Calvin was out of his flea and tick medicine (and its that time again) and I've also been giving him this medicine/vitamins for joints. Its like glucosimine or something like that but in higher doses. I figure I'm not sure whats going on with grumpy when he doesn't like his legs to be touched. Don't know if he's just being a poop (as they can't seem to find anything - all his x-rays and such look fine) or if he legitimately has some kind of pain. So, the doctor suggested these treat things. They smell like they'd be a great treat, but whenever its time for Cal to take them, he acts like we're feeding him the grossest thing on earth and he'll sniff them and then walk away.


I guess its forbidden fruit which is very tempting. When I bought a new tub today, I put them on the floor board and immediately Cal was sniffing at them. Here he is eyeing them - mind you, he had been told no.... doesn't listen that well. I think he knows that he's cute and so I end up letting him get away with his funny little antics....



He's now going in for the "kill".




He's got the tub, but now he's got to get the top off....

Of course, he's Calvin the wonder dog, so he succeeds in removing the lid...
Now to remove the bag that holds the "treats"....
Now to enjoy....
This is what happens when I'm home for two weeks in a row. I become the doting dog person and you get story after story of how funny and adorable my dog is. The good news is that I', back on the road again next week and its full force! I'm back in Akron - home of the fat butted, mean people (see postings from a few weeks ago:)) and then the end of the week I have to go over to Louisville until the following Wednesday for a healthcare meeting, IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service and Material Management). Apparently its derby week the week we're in Lousiville so I'm sure you'll get some exciting posts at some point! :)

No comments: