http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Was So Bored - I Ate Sweet Potatos

Yes, the title is true....

I had another long day at Standford and then went to the airport for a 5:55 pm flight which ended up being a little late. Thank goodness for my status and when it comes in handy -- this flight I got an upgrade to first class. The nice thing about first class - you get fed! A lot of times I've just not had a chance to grab a bite and then I get on a flight and I haven't eaten and probably won't get a chance to until who knows when.

Last night I had this chicken kabob thing with couscous and they had something on the side - I figured it was chunks of sweet potato and/or squash, both which I hate. It was a long week and a long flight - I knew that I was getting in really late (try didn't get home until almost 2 a.m.). I was just punchy on the plane and I couldn't sit still and I was crazy bored and tired. I was so crazy bored and tired that I was looking at the sweet potatos and I just decided to eat some. I think I ate like two chunks and it wasn't too bad, but I still don't like it. I guess I wasn't that bored as I stopped eating it :)

San Fran is just such a different area. It can be such an ethnic place, and it can be such a fruffy money place. I stayed in the ethnic place... Millbrae is pretty dog gone ethnic. I stayed in a Chinese area. I was able to walk around downtown Millbrae as I stayed right downtown. All of these Chinese food shops, when you walked past the door you were hit with that pugnant, Asian food smell and the Asian feel. The buildings in CA, for the most part, really remind me of eastern europe and other places overseas. Millbrae is no exception - it is truly Asian in every aspect. There were also about 100 massage and nail places around my hotel. I ended up going the night before last to a nail place right by the hotel as my pedicure had gotten pretty bad. Thats the one thing I can do when I'm out of town. I can't get overwhelmed with all the things I have to complete at home so I can take the time to deal with the little things that I should do but don't have the time to do at home. Things like pedicures :) Its just something I have to do... :) So, I got a pedicure and they ended up doing a manicure too -- all for $30 -- thats like amazing! They were really sweet little Chinese ladies too. I know I'll have to go back to Standford if this trial goes well so I plan on staying at the same place and going to the same nail salon!

So - here's something else I was reminiscing about yesterday. I was sitting in the Red Carpet Club and I just started You Tubing Runaway Box stuff - this was one of my first laughs with them and then yesterday I saw the second part and I can't remember if I had seen it before. Anyways - its a share! Take a few minutes to laugh your hiney off!


No comments: