http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Updated Book Reviews

Its been a while since I updated my book list. I've been pretty busy and I've done a weekend or two with some friends so my time has been limited and the big book I've been reading has been taking a while. So, I've taken a little break to just catch up on some light reading in order to keep my brain working.



So we start with a zesty little piece that really educates the reader on the cycle of life and other things like - what worms discuss at the dinner table and even includes some great dirt recipes. This book will make you laugh -- it will make you cry -- you'll gasp in horror and you'll nod with a new enlightenment of what life is really about. I found it can be a little tedious at times, but the ending is surely a twist and worth the read! I give this book a thumbs up!



Sometimes its nice to go back to the basics. As I get older I find that there are times that I just blank on things that I really should know, so I think that its a really great thing to keep my mind sharp with information that I may need in case I'm ever around children, or a cattle ranch. A refreshing look at something that we've all known since birth - but it never hurts to be reminded.





As our country grows, we find that we have definitely become a bilingual nation and so I do try to educate myself on the basics of the language of Espanol. You never know when you'll be lost in a country where the castanets fly or the jalapenos flow freely.... I find that when conversing with internationals, its most beneficial to try and speak their language. I now feel a little more comfortable if I ever find myself in certain conversations while visiting farmland in southwestern Europe or touring an old hacienda someplace in southern Texas. Its an education - and an enjoyable read.





I'd like to end with the classics. Its sad how so many people are just not familiar with the classics. This is an author that really has transcended the ages and I find his work is applicable now as it was when it was written. A true genius and a master storyteller. What more can I say of this genius' work.





I'll be back soon with even more books - I'm working on an exciting one right now - can't wait to tell you about it!

No comments: