http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A West Virginia Holiday Greeting!

So, I told you yesterday that I would get a feel for the hospital I was working in today when I walked in the door.  Well, when I walked in the door of Purchasing to sign in, this is the sign that greeted me....


I have to admit - I find it amusing.....

And it is a very good representation of where I am.  Huntin, fishin, straight talkin West Virgininers....  I actually like them.  You know what they're thinking and they tell you their opinion, no guessing.  They don't like my product, they tell me.  They like my product, they tell me.  Thats the way it should be!

I went into the account around 8 this morning and then finished up with installation around noon or so and grabbed some lunch with the rep I was working with.  I figured I'd finish some work at a Starbucks afterwards - surprise - there are no Starbucks.  Ok, there is one, but its in the mall and its just a little kiosk Starbucks.  Thats telltale when you can't find a Starbucks.  I actually was a little surprised as Charleston isn't a huge city, but its not teeny tiny.  

I went into the account this morning and it was calm and a little warm out, even a peep of sun.  About an hour after I had been in the account, the manager came in all freaked out as it was "pouring" rain and the wind was "screaming".  Crazy.  When I did go out, it actually was a little rainy and the wind was off and on.  But they were all paniced about me going home tomorrow and the impending snow storm.  I'm sure there will be some snow, but its Chicago - what can you expect.  

We'll see if I get home for the holidays! :)  The impending blizzard on top of it being the end of the world tomorrow...

No comments: