http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Florida In July?

I'm on my way to FL this week -- I once again had to go through Charlotte airport... this is the vision I always have of Charlotte. The bathrooms with these lady attendants in the bathroom and all the little toiletries and the tip jar on the counter.

I flew into Fort Lauderdale (so many memories always from years past when I nannied -- we always flew into Ft Lauderdale). I had to drive over to Fort Myers which means that I had to cut across Alligator Alley which is Rte 75. The name was given by the American Automobile Association during planning; they believed it would be a useless road, an alley for alligators. However, as alligators often frequent the waterways beside the road, and occasionally the road itself, the nickname has a somewhat literal meaning.



Along either side of 75 there are these marshy swamp rivers that the alligators live in. You drive for miles miles without anything -- its about a 30 mile drive where there are only little rest stops and nothing else. Its like driving through North Dakota -- only in Florida....

By the way - its hot here, but not as hot as I usually have experienced in July. Its actually quite mild, like around 90. Piece of cake! :)

No comments: