http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Misery Of Flying

This is my Monday headache.

I found out about my Vegas trip for this week last minute so looking up flights was miserable. They were running about $900 to go from Chicago to Vegas. So, I found my option...

Drive to Milwaukee Mitchell airport
Fly to Chicago
From Chicago fly to Denver
From Denver fly to Vegas

That flight pattern makes sense - right? And I saved about $400!

Here's the rub - all that connecting gets me into Vegas at 10:40 pm and with the 5:30 a.m. call we have to make in the morning - my head already hurts...

God is good, though! I got to Milwaukee and was just going to check on getting on standby on an earlier flight from Chicago to Denver as I was going to have to wait in Chicago a few hours. I got to the counter and wonderfully nice Michael thought it was ridiculous for me to fly from Chicago to Denver to Vegas, especially when the Denver flight was oversold. Michael said he was just doing United a favor by switching me from Chicago to Denver to Vegas to Chicago to Vegas. He totally changed my ticket !!!! Yea!!! Now, I'll probably get into Vegas at 9 instead of 11.

Thank you Milwaukee and thank you Michael!

No comments: