http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, July 26, 2010

Pretty Spooky Memory

I pulled up AOL tonight to be confronted with a picture of Tim Robbins in his Shawshank prison get up and the title "Building Was Setting for Shawshank Redemption" - and with that I had a very vivid memory.

About 8 years ago, I was working with a new rep in the Ohio territory up from Columbus. I was following this rep to a distribution center for his company and we were winding through all these back roads on the byways of Ohio. We turn this corner and theres this big chain link gate thats locked, but the drive leading into it has a big "pull-over" spot. I've no clue what we're doing but, all of a sudden this guy swings his car over in front of the gate and I follow him wondering where we are. He gets out and saunters back to my car window, which by now I'd rolled down, and he says "have you ever seen Shawshank Redemption". I'm reluctant to say that, yes, I had seen the movie. He points towards the gate and tells me to get out and follow him. Weird, but I do.

When we get to the gate, he points through to the most creepy buidling you've ever seen or felt. It seriously felt creepy. "This", he tells me "is where they filmed the prison parts of Shawshank Redemption". SCARY!

Theres just this creepy, icky feeling that I got when I saw the heading on the AOL blurb... see the link below....

http://www.whereitsat.com/#/movie/all-spots/320/41.526346/-81.706199/4/Shawshank-Redemption-Prison

1 comment:

Karl said...

I thought it was a great movie that speaks to the resilience of the human spirit. Kind of like ‘Cool Hand Luke’ – if you ever get a chance to see it.

How was the wedding btw?