http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where Is the English?!

So, I'm in southern Florida. Remember when I was in the west of Texas, by the border, and I talked about how it was little Mexico? Well, I always seem to forget that southern Florida is southern Cuba -- or some other Spanish speaking country, but with wealthy people. I was at the Aventura Mall in Fort Lauderdale and everyone who walked past was speaking some rolling Spanish language. Ok - I admit there were some rich looking Mediterranean women and men lurking about -- don't know where they came from. Overall, though, I don't think anyone was originally English speaking.

Not only southern Florida the non-English speaking region, its also the lift, tuck, reshape and hold region. I know that CA rivals it, but its second in line down here.... I was working in surgery centers all today in Boca, West Palm, Fort Lauderdale and Miami.... On top of that, driving around, I heard it on the radio all day. On this side of Floirda, there are a million surgery centers for plastics. This is the one that gets me. The hot, new, popular plastic surgery down here is, as my friend Cathy would term it, is YaYa Rejuvination (thats what its called - well, minus the YaYa). Lets just say, southern Florida performs amazingly weird plastic surgery on the southern area of women. Its FREAKY!

Here's a freaky story from the medical world. This guy in Miami went in to a small surgery center for calf implants and for a, WhoHa implant. He has the surgery and then goes into a recovery area and the doctor leaves to go across the street to the hospital there. He's in the recovery area hooked up to the oxygen and all of a sudden all his vitals dip. The nurses attending him start to freak and they end up calling the office manager... THE OFFICE MANAGER! The hospital is right across the street and they call the office manager. The office manager jumps in her car and comes over and she's trying to help as he gets worse. They never think to call the hospital across the street! It turns out that the oxygen tank they were using in the surgery center was EMPTY! Yes - unfortunately the man passed. The doctor was not only sued for loads of money, he also lost his license. Hopefully those dumb nurses aren't working healthcare anymore either. Thats just pretty traumatic for a grandkid to hear that his grandpa passed away while in a surgery center for calf and, you know what, implants!

On Tuesday, across the state on the other side of the tip, working in Fort Myers. I'll tell you that place is overloaded with Eye Surgery Centers and Cancer Surgery Centers. All the old people with cataracts and skin cancer.

This state is healthcare heaven for a practicing healthcare worker.

One more hospital tomorrow and then I'm off to the airport! I get to go home - yippee!

No comments: