http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bored!

Help me! I'm so bored!

I've been downtown and running around to a hospital group this week and today, I had to run back to Gurnee for 3 to meet someone from my office so we could make the trip down to Skokie to a lifesciences conference for exploratory business in India.

If the end of that last sentence just put you to sleep -you can imagine what I'm going through right now...

We're sitting through all of these lectures by the US Department of Commerce and IL Export offices and none of it even matters to me...:(. I got roped into it because they didn't want Prachi from our "new business" office to come down by herself.

WHICH the reason why Prachi is coming to this seminar is because she's going home for 3 weeks in May (she's from Mumbai) and she wanted to do work while she's there. We don't have any business there now - she just wanted to see if she could meet with anyone....

So - it was only logical that I requested that, when I go to Italy in May, I maybe should do some work while I'm there too:). Hey - if a day that I meet someone I can expense - why not! Unfortunately, they didn't quite agree with my logic... But I tried.

So now I'm stuck listening to this Indian guy talk about all these statistics about export business in India.

What I've learned from 2 hours of lectures so far...
- the Il Dept of export guy has a really loud voice and doesn't need a mike.
- everyone should do business in India
- the pretzels on the welcome table are pretty good, especially when you're hungry...

And trying to stay awake.....

1 comment:

Karl said...

c'mon Alison - take one for the team! and besides, there must have been something worthwhile you could have taken away from the lecture . . . like, cookies maybe? - next to the pretzels?