http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Need OUT!

Well- it's after the holidays and I intentionally let myself settle home for a week or so. Thought it would be good for me and all involved. I happily began my "normal persons" life on Jan 3, getting up, drinking coffee, getting into my car and driving to my office. It all was going so well...

Until a product update meeting this past week, Tuesday to be exact. A week after I began my normal life - it hit me - I'm not a normal life person. And how did it hit me - it was all because of a chair....

Our large conference room is directly across the hall from my cubicle -which has an empty split cubicle directly across from me with two empty desks and two empty chairs. This past Tuesday, I went into the product development meeting that I'm usually never in the office for and find myself in a sold out show - standing room only. I grab one of the last chairs in the back and a few minutes later my boss comes in and looks for a chair and then I just lost track of him.

The meeting concludes and I emerge and bee-line back to my desk to finish a cross reference I was working on. I get to my cube and find my chair gone ! Disappeared.... Vanished... Into thin air!

I go up to Jan at the front desk who has the hall in her sights and I ask her if she saw who took my chair - no. As I vent my missing chair - frustrations, a few other co-workers come up and one offers that my boss took my chair into the conference room. I stand watching and see my boss emerge and trot down to his office, leaving my cube still chairless! Didn't even think to maybe return my chair, let alone think to just take one of the unused chairs across from me. Unbelievable!

And so I spend about 30 minutes venting, returning my chair and then steal-proofing it because it just ticked me off so much!

And then I realized.... This was me boxed up in an office. Getting freaked out about a chair - even caring about a chair! On the road - I didn't even have a chair to claim. I didn't have the annoying co- workers to gossip with... I didn't even have a printer to make funny signs with...

It all leads me the conclusion that I gotta get back out on the road again.  Its always fun - until someone loses a chair......

1 comment:

Cari Mohler said...

Oh, my, word! Laughing!!!!! You crack me up!!!