http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Don't Look if You're Extremely Clausterphobic!


As mentioned in a previous blog - this week was spent working in Richmond, VA. However, due to ticket prices, I flew into Norfolk and drove up to Richmond.

One of the bridge-tunnels that I commonly have to take while in the Norfolk area is the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel. There is also another one called the Monitor Merrimac which is on the other side of the Chesapeake. Its a really interesting complex and its really cool going thought it. I believe its about 3 and a half miles long and you go all the way down to the bottom of the Chesapeake as they use that area for the ships to pass through. Your ears pop and you lose your radio station and satellite reception. I did discover, though, that my AT&T phone still works loud and clear! :)

I usually love driving through the bridge - well, I've gotten to the point that I don't even notice anymore because I've done it so much -- I have a whole hospital system that I work with in that area so I've spent a couple months, intermittedly, driving through the tunnel to get to the other side. The only time I abhor the tunnel is when there is a bad traffic back up and you get down to the middle of the tunnel, at the very bottom of the Chesapeake, and all of a sudden, you just stop. UGH! I tend to freak out a little with that one and I have to sit there talking myself down.

Anyways - I caught a cool picture of the tunnel when we took off... If you want to look up more info on the tunnel-bridge, you can go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Roads_Bridge-Tunnel

No comments: