http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day




My typical new years day is brunch downtown.

I've done the Ritz Carlton since about 97, but last year, I switched to Cafe BaBa Reba because the brunch at the Ritz was getting overpriced and under-tastey. Last year, I took friends Kim and Karen with me.

This year, we opened it up and ended up with a party of five. Kim, Karen, Tanya and Denise - and me! Tanya drove separately and parked at a meter spot so she had to leave early - some of the pictures are missing her.

So here's the deal -- Cafe BaBa Reba is a tapas place - great food and great sangria! For New Years Day, they have a special that if you wear your pajamas, you get a gift certificate equal to the amount of your bill. We spent about $95 and they gave us four $25 gift certificates! Yea! We get to go back!

Great fun!

It was awesome to have the remainder of the day to just do whatever. When I came home, Calvin looked at me with pitiful eyes so I complied and brought him to the dog park. I usually strap on the old snowshoes, but it was so freezing that I just left the boots on and trudged around while Calvin galloped happily.

The afternoon brought an exciting round of, "get the dog into the bath". After the holidays, I was tired of hearing how stinky he was (his last bath was 3 weeks ago and when his hair grows out, he can retain the odor a bit more). I'll attach another post with the whole events of getting him into the bath...its always a chore.

And to top the day off... watching some of my old Tales from Avonlea videos and reading. I'm working on "Night" by Elie Wiesel. Its short but emotionally deep.

And thats my New Years Day...a great beginning to 2010!

HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2010!

No comments: