http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Trains, Planes and Automobiles --- In That Order

This morning I got out of bed and hitched a ride with mom over to the Metra station where I then took the train to O'hare where I then to a plane to Norfolk where I then took a car to Richmond. Are you tired yet - because now we get to my life :) I did fly to Norfolk because it was cheaper than flying into Richmond, but heres the funny thing. I was thinking in my head that I was going to Richmond so I looked at the departure board which said that the Richmond flight was leaving out of F7b. So I ran from terminal 1, gate A area to terminal two, gates F. I ran all the way down the F concourse and got to the F7b and there was no one there and nothing on the board and my flight was supposed to leave in 15 minutes. I then ran all the way back to the Red Carpet Club (about 10 gates down the concourse) because that was the first customer service counter. In a panic I burst in and started demanding what had happened to my flight - and then she looked at my ticket and told me I was going to Norfolk. I felt like a complete idiot and I kept on mumbling my apologies -- again - totally my life :) Thank goodness, the Norfolk gate was only about 4 gates down from the Club.


The first picture is my train commute that I have every morning I go to the airport and every evening when I come back from the airport. That Metra is a God send! I love taking the train rather than fighting traffic down and trying to find parking and then seeing the bill for parking for 2-4 days. Ugh!




The next pictures is the view flying into Norfolk. I love it. We don't usually go over the Chesapeake, but today we did. Look up the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on-line if you aren't familiar with it. Sometimes, when I finish work up early, I love just taking the bridge across because of the views. It does cost like $20 to do it, but its a really cool experience. http://www.cbbt.com/index.html THe system connects the eastern shore of VA with the Norfolk area. Its a 20 mile long system and it takes you across the Atlantic where theres always a back up of traffic on the water with the freighters going out.


The Norfolk airport is right by a Naval shipyard so you have to fly over all the docks and ships and stuff when you go in -- weird, but cool.



Okay - the one last picture is near and dear to my heart.... Chick-Fil-A! I could eat Chick-Fil-A like 90 times a day and never get sick of it! Its the one thing I really really miss about the south and everytime I'm past Chicago, I start looking for the first Chick-Fil-A stop. YUM!

I'm enroute from Norfolk to Richmond right now - stopped at Starbucks to finish some work and get some cross referencing done for some customers. Tomorrow I'm starting a trial at a hospital system in Richmond.

Over and out!

No comments: