http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Friday, January 8, 2010

Travel With Mismatched Socks

I'm at the airport at 6am. I got up at 4 to leave at 5 and in the dark cold of the snowy morning, while I was getting dressed, I got to my feet and I knew I was going to wear my boots so I wanted socks underneath. I had two pairs in the drawer that I was looking at, one pair was a decent pair of thin, dress black socks. The other pair was a thick warm pair of black socks with something about warm feet stichted in white at the toe. I wanted so badly for my tootsies to be warm so my hand went to the tacky, but thick, black socks with white stitching... And then I thought about security and having to take my boots off two times and how I was all dressed up on top but then my feet would be so not... And I grabbed the thin, dress socks.

I noticed when I got to the airport that there were new bins at security. Oddly enough it seems as if they were sponsered by Amtrak as all the bottoms of the containers that I saw were Amtrak ads.

And then I laughed when I saw the ads on my bins said "Travel with mismatched socks! We won't see what youre wearing... No security lines".

That would be nice:)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Fun socks should be shared with the world! Forget everybody else and keep the tootsies warm!