http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Friday, January 8, 2010

WHERE AM I?


I'm here in the beautifully cold city of Minneapolis, MN -- 7 below when we landed -- felt like that one scene from "New In Town" when she thought it would be no big deal to walk outside. My nose actually really did freeze this morning!

So, my question is -- where in the heck am I?

I always laugh because of the transit system at MSP -- you used to have to take a bus from the airport to the rental car location and then they made the light rail system. First time I got on it, I did a double take as the woman who makes the announcements "Please hold on" "we are approaching the rental car location", etc, has a totally British accent. Too funny! We're here in the midwest and she's speaking like I just arrived in London! At least at O'hare, we're proud to make out announcement with our Chicago accents "Please d-ae-n't accept any pae-ckae-ges from str-ae-ngers" good and nasal Are the Minnesotans too ashamed to say "Please hold on, aye". We know where we're from :)

The other thing you'll learn about the Cities, especially working in the medical industry as they seem to be abundant there -- the city is loaded with Nigerians or Somalians or whatever they are. And they still talk their Nigerian or Somalian or whatever. I'm sitting in Starbuck right now and its DEAFENING! They gather in massive groups and speak this really weird sounding language - I almost expect to her that clicking sound or some kind of throat signing or something. Seriously - its DEAFENING! There are about 50 of them stuffed into this little Starbucks that probably seats about 20. And they're all Nigerian speaking at the top of their lungs like they're trying to outdo each other.

And then, what you would expect to see around here, the typical nordic women and men - blonde haired and brauny.

Its like I'm in a different country up here!

No comments: