http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another Day Another Funeral


Uncle Joey passed away the end of last week and today was his funeral. Mom and Pat went to the visitation last night and I opted to go to the funeral today. It was pretty small - it made dad's seem monstrous in size. There were only about 4 cars that went to the cemetary where Uncle Joey was buried as a veteran and my cousin, Debbie, got the flag as she was one of Uncle Joey's only living relatives.
I thought dad's military thing at the cemetary was much better. The military above didn't quite get the flag folded as well as dad's and it took them a bit longer. And at dad's, I really couldn't tell if the Taps that they played were recorded or live -- at Uncle Joey's, I could tell it was recorded.
We went over to Bonnie Brook Gold Course for lunch afterwards, one of Uncle Joey's favorite gold courses and restaurants. But, they didn't start serving until too late and I had to go home to get mom to bring her to her hair appointment.
Mom has her ortho appt tomorrow so pray that all goes well!

1 comment:

Karl said...

I wish I knew him better. . .