http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sometimes, All You Need Is To Go Shopping...


I had the afternoon again on Thursday after my meeting was done so I had the opportunity to take Kim over to Ellis Island and by the Statue of Liberty. Every time I go to Ellis, I find something new. This time, I found the room about charity and Elllis. There was a whole section about "mail order" brides coming over and how there were women's charities that were directed at "Americanizing" women to their new homeland. Going from the babushka to the pantyhose kind of thing.... It was kind of funny and I thought how sometimes, all we need is a little powder and a new skirt and the world seems a little better :) Proverbially speaking in some senses....



This was a mariners monument in the line to the ferry - I never noticed this before because I never have usually had a line going over to the island.... It was really kind of cool the way the guy is in the water.

Kim at Ground Zero. They're working on a monument there with these two large fountain/pools.

No comments: