http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, March 1, 2010

Twist That Knife!

So - I'm back... boo-hoo. Got back around 9:30 on Saturday evening this past week.

When I got in, I had an e-mail from Randy my brother in law, that gave an itinerary for him and my sister for the Cayman Islands. They're taking a week there. I sarcastically (can you imagine me being sarcastic??? Really....) responded "are you trying to make us all jealous? Won't work on me as I just got back from St Thomas."

Sunday night I went over to Pat and Randys and Randy commented on my comment about the Caymans. I ended up asking when they were leaving and he looked quizzically at me. Tomorrow, the 1st, he said, and added, you're bringing us to the airport, right?

HUH?

Apparently Pat was supposed to have asked me -- I dare not argue or debate that point.

The knife was in, and now it was twisting.... My tan from the Caribbean has not even begun to fade and my computer fingers are starting to hide in the prospect of having to be back on the keyboard, and here I am having to take them to their tropical paradise vacation. OUCH!

And what time does the flight leave, I ask Randy.

Well, we need to leave at around 5 a.m.

OUCH! The knife is twisting even more as I close my eyes with the prospect of getting up at 4:45 in the a.m.

Welcome home!

I did take them and saw them off and it didn't hurt as much as I thought as I finally got into the office and had so much to do that I didn't even have time to think about anything.

Don't cry for me, Virgin Gourda.... the truth is I never left you.... :) well, as long as I have my tan, I feel like I've not left you.... but I don't think Patti LuPone is going to be singing that rendition anytime soon (I referred to the musical Evita for the sake of my brother, Karl, who absolutely adores a good Broadway show!).

1 comment:

Karl said...

I love a good broadway show more than life itself.