http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quite A Day!

This morning was spent at the ortho dr with my mom, waiting and having x-rays redone, in order to find out that mom has fractured her femur! She's got osteoperosis and so apparently, she didn't really need to do anything, which she didn't, in order to have the fracture happen. The good news is, that if she's good and stays off of it for 6 - 8 weeks, she can probably go without having surgery on it. Thats a really good thing. In the meantime, poor mom is stuck in this stiff leg brace and can't do anything because she can't put any weight on her left leg whatsoever. Good thing she just got the next series of her favorite NCIS series!

After getting mom settled at home with Pat, I took off for the airport and another return flight to New York -- once again, my dear LaGuardia..... For some reason, I always go through these blocks of having to be at the same airport for weeks on end. It was Charlotte a few weeks ago and now its to be New York. This is the second time I've gone through it in a week. At least, I didn't have to stay in NY this time. I had to rent a car and drive to Danbury, CT. The good thing about the flight I took is it got in late enought that I didn't have to wade through rush hour traffic in NY. I flew through New Rochelle and Yonkers and got to Danbury within an hour.

Its interesting going through the rental car area at LaGuardia because you have to go through these neighborhoods that totally look like they belong in another country. I don't know if the tenants there are Greek or Hispanic, but the houses just intrigue me. They're boxy and all fo them have haceinda kind of yards with tall metal fences around the houses and the cars of the owners. They have fake flowers and you can look in the windows and see brightly colored walls. The reason I question the Greek thing is that a lot of them have those big fountains in the front driveways that are way too big to match the size of the house. They're all packed together, one after another, with little room for yards in between.

Tomorrow I have one appointment in Danbury - a product complaint which I hate dealing with because its always their say against mine even when I know they're doing something wrong. It should be a pretty quick call and then back to the airport to catch another flight home.

Good night New York!

1 comment:

Karl said...

talked to mom yesterday -
thanks for keeping me in the loop.