http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Monday, March 8, 2010

Party Like Its 1989 - Because Thats The Last Time I Was Up This Late!



I am a brave woman, at least I would like to think so. However, I wasn't brave enough to go to bed at 2 a.m. this past Friday night.

The back story here is - I had a sleep-over for all the senior high girls from church. It had been a while since I spent some time with them and I had the free time this past Friday, so our worlds all collided! I had about 8 of them come, however, a few of them had to leave early and one of them came while the other three were leaving. I ended up with 4 who actually slept over.

The first thing I have to say is I did have a blast. These girls are crazy and fun and I love hanging out with them.

The second thing I have to say is, these girls have energy! I thought I could keep up, and I did for the most part, but around 2 a.m. I HAD to get some shut eye and they were all yelling at me to go bed - but I was scared. I had laid down on the couch and was watching a movie and I heard them all in the front room, laughing and banging and crashing around. I think they were wrestling or something, but every bang I heard, I shuddered. And the next bang made me think - I can't go to bed as I'll wake up and the couch will be in the kitchen and the tv will be out the window and one of the girls will be stuck in the wall with just her legs sticking out -- and then all the parents won't ever trust me again and they'll talk about how irresponsible I was for leaving senior high girls to their own devices at 2 in the morning. I laid there cringing and crying inside because I was SO tired.

After much prodding, I finally got off the couch around 2:30 and made the girls PROMISE not to destroy anything and told them a story about how this was the only house I had to live in right now and that I would cry and cry if they did anything bad. I slowly dragged up to bed and fell asleep instantly as soon as I hit the pillow.

When I got up at 8 a.m., I was very pleased to see that everything was still in tact, and one girl was sleeping up in a bedroom and the other three were snoozing fitfully in their sleeping bags on the floor.

It all worked out well and I feel bad now that I was ever scared, but being excessively tired really does play with your head, you know!

Before everyone left the party the night before, I had all of the girls make an apron for the girls in the Romanian orphanage that our Romanian missionaries work with. Liz is trying to teach all the Romanian girls there how to cook, so I thought a good project would be to make some aprons for each of the girls to wear. We had fun with the puff paint and all the iron-ons. Hopefully the Romanian girls will enjoy wearing them as much as we had fun making them!



1 comment:

Karl said...

Wow. . . so where was mom with all of this going on? Did she just sleep through it all? One million anxious readers want to know!