http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xm6ihZR5Pt4/TasJa8VK3rI/AAAAAAAAB9c/pd8NPuxjq08/s1600/Liberate-your-Art-B

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I'm Almost GOOOOONNNNNEEEE!

Eek - I'm at my wits end.  I'm sitting in my little office cube (ok, its not little compared to my previous one :) and I'm taking a quick break from all the AHHH of last minute work details just to blog it out there and say... EEEKKKK.

I've shopped for about 5 people and crammed two bags full already, working on the third and then I still have to fill my fourth carry on with MY stuff.  I know I won't be clothesless when I make it to Budapest, but I know I'll be saying "d'oh - I should have brought ...."  Oh well - at least I know they have clothes there so I can just buy what I don't have - which I'll already have enough so - NO - I won't be buying anything :)  I've been told by my friend Hajni to bring a jumper because the evenings are cooler.  I think by jumper, she's not referring to the one piece dress you wear over a blouse but instead the British form of jumper, the SWEATER.  I LOVE their English words.

So -
Macaroni and cheese - check
Velveeta - check
Rotel - check
Laffy Taffy - check
Marshmallows - check
Graham crackers - check
Brown sugar - check
Stove top stuffing - check
Turkey bags - check
Frenchs Onions - check
Canned pumpkin - check
Aussie Sprunch Spray - check - and smile :)
Fruit of the Loom Men's White tube socks - check
Crunchy peanut butter - check
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups - check

And now you get a small glimpse into some of my bags of stuff that I'm asked to bring.  Look at this list and never take those things for granted again because you can't get them ANYWHERE except AMERICA!   Ok, so you can for a really big marked up price.  And some of those things you should probably be ashamed that we can even get in America, but - hey - you've got to love us just for the fact that we've found ways to can things and box things and combine things that no other country has thought of!  Or wants to think of! :)

So tonight I finish up work -go for one last run for probably a week and half because theres no way I'm getting up at 5 to run every morning :)  I'll take Calvin to the dog park for one last time for a week and a half (sad "arf arf") and then I go home and kick out one last night of packing my stuff and their stuff and get my car loaded up and ready to go for tomorrow later morning.

Flight leave O'hare at 2:20pm and then I connect through my beloved Frankfurt - leaving there around 7 am their Friday morning.  And then I get into Budapest about 8 a.m.
Get bags
Get my friend Ioana
Get rental car
Drop bags at my friend Jodi's apartment and keep my clothes :)
Get back in car and drive 6 hours with Ioana to Cluj, Romania where I'll be spending 3 nights but we'll be in villages around Cluj working with the Freedom Tour that Ioana is with.

Freedom Tour is part of the anti-human trafficking organization that Ioana works with in Romania.  Romania is actually the "starting" point of most human trafficking in the US and Europe.  You can take a look at their website and you can actually see where we'll be when I'm there on the 27th, 28th and 29th.
www.thefreedomtour.ro/en

I'll try to post as much as possible while I'm out and about.  Sometimes wifi is pretty spotty so I may just post some stuff from my phone without my beloved pictures.  And I'm throwing in the clause of - it may be pretty bad as I tend to do a lot of typos on my phone :)  Good luck reading!

Szia!

No comments: